These days it seems like there’s no end to the possibilities of the virtual world, and yet somehow, people are getting bored.
The excitement is wearing off, and virtual meetings and events feel more like a chore than a unique and exciting proposition.
The truth is, face-to-face interaction can never really be replaced, but going virtual brings about opportunities that otherwise may not have been possible.
So, how do you…
- Excite and engage your audience
- add value to the experience; and
- Create an impact
…in a world where virtual events are becoming the norm?
In this guide, we’ll share everything you need to know about how to host a virtual event and why adding extended reality will have your audience begging for more.
Table of Contents
- What is a Virtual Event?
- Why Should You Host Virtual Events?
- How to Host Virtual Events
- Hosting a Virtual Event Doesn’t Have to be Boring: 3 Ways to Make Your Virtual Event Stand Out
- What are the Benefits of Hosting Virtual Events Using AR and VR Tech?
- What is Augmented Reality?
- What is Virtual Reality?
- How to Host a Virtual Event Using Augmented and Virtual Reality Technology
- Host a Virtual Event That Puts Your Company at the Forefront of Emerging Technology with Running Bull Media
What is a Virtual Event?
It would be a rare occurrence to meet someone who hasn’t attended some sort of virtual event over the past decade.
These events range from…
- Online meetings
- Facebook Live events
- Job fairs
- Trade Shows
- And more
…and have become the backbone of communication for many industries across the globe.
Why Should You Host Virtual Events?
Hosting a virtual event is an effective way to deliver your company’s message or marketing to the biggest audience possible.
Why is this important to your business?
Because, whether your target audience is your customers or your employees, virtual events lead to brand awareness and loyalty, and ultimately increased revenues.
For many companies, hosting virtual events have effectively solved the problem of event cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances such as:
- Venue cancellations
- Travel expenses
Virtual events allow for total inclusion, reduce corporate budgets, and provide valuable marketing data to companies.
How to Host Virtual Events
Logistical challenges exist with every event, whether in-person or online, but setbacks can be minimized when the right strategy is implemented.
Here’s how to create a problem-free virtual event that your guests will love:
- Time it right – Before you send out your invites, make sure to choose a few dates and times that might work, and then research them. Are there any of the following to consider?:
- Competing events
- Global holidays
- Timezone issues
- Make a plan – Think about the purpose of your event before jumping in, and ask yourself these questions:
- Who is your target audience?
- What pre and post-event engagement do you want?
- How will you promote the event?
- Will your content keep your attendees engaged?
- Are you prepared with a backup in case you have tech issues?
- Will the event be accessible after it’s over?
- How will you measure the success of your event?
- What is your end goal?
- Choose your platform – How you engage your audience matters. Picture whether you want your event to be interactive or if you prefer your audience to “listen and watch” without interruption. The intention of your event will largely determine what type of platform you choose. Consider your platform choice wisely.
Hosting a Virtual Event Doesn’t Have to Be Boring: 3 Ways To Make Your Event Stand Out
Hosting virtual events has become the norm for many companies. As mentioned, there are tangible advantages to going online with your event, but how can you make your event better than the rest?
Try these three strategies to create a virtual event that will be discussed long after it’s ended.
#1 Build Anticipation
There’s more to marketing your virtual event than sending out invites and email reminders. Here are a few ideas that go beyond the basic invite:
- Create an event page that offers your audience a sneak peek
- Leverage your event through social media and create a hashtag
- Enlist your sponsors and partners to spread the word
- Create a short vlog that shows clips of what’s about to take place and post it on YouTube
Ultimately, you want your audience to be excited to attend. Building anticipation will lead to a more successful outcome.
#2 Create an Experience
Imagine walking into a tradeshow, and all you see are rows of booths displaying nothing more than their banner or stand-up sign. Boring, right?
To create a truly remarkable virtual experience that stays with your attendees, you need to go beyond the basics of a webinar or video call.
Think of it as reaching through the screen and pulling your audience into your live booth, and ask yourself these questions:
- What do you want them to see?
- How do you want them to feel?
- What can you do to encourage engagement?
- How can you get the most value from your virtual event?
Holding virtual events is more than just “meeting up online.”
The result should be a powerful and lasting impression.
#3 Think Beyond the Usual Platforms
Tired of the same old Zoom meetings? Had enough of sending out your Facebook Live reminders?
We get it. These platforms aren’t interesting, and they certainly aren’t engaging.
More recently, major corporations and even small boutique agencies and firms have begun reaching out into the world of extended reality.
Virtual and augmented reality are making big waves in the world of virtual events, and it’s only going to get bigger and better.
Read on to learn how to host a virtual event with Running Bull Media using technology that will be at the top of every conversation for months to come.
What Are the Benefits of Hosting Virtual Events Using AR and VR Tech?
Virtual and augmented reality may seem like overkill to some. Why spend all kinds of money on that technology when no one else is doing it, right?
In fact, positioning yourself at the forefront of technology now will show your customers that you’re forward-thinking, innovative, and ready to face any challenge.
By adding VR/AR tech, you’re essentially adding a sensory experience that allows your audience to live your brand. Not many companies can say they’ve done that.
Thanks to social media, good old word of mouth is still one of the best marketing tactics, and trust us… people will be talking.
What is Augmented Reality?
Not entirely new to the tech scene but emerging as one of the biggest trends, augmented reality (AR) allows users to add digital images to real-life surroundings.
The IKEA Place App is an excellent example of how AR can be applied to everyday life. The app allows shoppers to digitally place any piece of furniture from their catalog and see how it would look to scale in any room.
As smartphones and other popular devices become AR ready, the trend will only continue to grow.
What is Virtual Reality?
Virtual reality (VR) offers a wholly unique and immersive experience. Rather than adding to an existing reality, VR transports users into a totally different world.
VR stimulates multiple senses while allowing users to interact with three-dimensional realities using glasses that blackout their field of vision.
By now, you have probably seen virtual reality installations in…
- Movie theaters
- And more
…or maybe you even have a VR headset of your own.
But, gamification isn’t all that virtual reality has to offer.
How to Host a Virtual Event Using Augmented and Virtual Reality Technology
Hosting virtual events just got a LOT cooler. Here are a few ways you can add extended reality to your next virtual event and set yourself apart from the competition:
- Virtual Tours – Give your audience the sensation of your business and products without the actual venue. With VR, your customers or employees can engage from anywhere in the world.
- Virtual Venues – You don’t need to rent the conference space; you can create it. Partner with the best in the business and host your next tradeshow virtually.
- Virtual Training – Educating global employees through virtual reality training provides hands-on experience from anywhere.
- Virtual Driving – Customers can test drive any vehicle along any road in the world and never leave a scratch or a dent.
- Virtual Shopping – Shoppers can now view and try products in their homes before committing to buy.
From gamification to employee training to customer experience, VR and AR are quickly becoming the next trend in virtual events, and the possibilities are endless.
Host a Virtual Event That Puts Your Company at the Forefront of Emerging Technology with Running Bull Media
How will you emerge as a leader in your industry, drive engagement with your customers, and impress your stakeholders?
Running Bull Media’s consultative approach promises the most engaging and impactful experience in extended reality curated your company’s unique brand, be it virtual, augmented, or mixed reality. Our packages include:
- Virtual events
- Virtual tours
- AR retail experiences
- XR Training
- And much more
Our team has made it their mission to vet out the best in extended reality platforms that integrate seamlessly with the virtual event software you’re already using.
Click here to schedule a demo today and step into the future of technology.