If you were lucky enough to be alive when the first cell phone was brought to market, you might remember thinking that there was no way we’d all be carrying these gadgets with us everywhere we went.
But, that one little device literally went on to replace an entire set of needs like:
- Video games
- Address books
- And so much more
Back then it seemed almost dystopian… If everyone is connected to their devices, how will they connect to actual people?
It’s fair to say now that technology doesn’t replace connections, it creates them.
And that’s exactly what virtual events are doing for the traditional business world.
In this article, we’ll show you why all the big players are moving to a virtual event platform for their business meetings, conferences, events, and more — and why you should too.
Table of Contents
- What Are Virtual Events?
- How to Host a Virtual Event
- How Long Should a Virtual Event Be?
- How Do You Make a Virtual Event Interesting?
- Why Virtual Reality Events are Better for Business
- Virtual Reality vs. Augmented Reality
- The 3 Best Virtual Events Ideas for Any Business
- #1 Virtual Product Demos
- #2 Virtual Corporate Events
- #3 Virtual Team Events
- Thinking of Hosting a Virtual Event? Learn How Running Bull Media Drives Engagement With the Best in Virtual Reality
What Are Virtual Events?
Virtual events engage partners and employees online in a virtual environment on the web, rather than meeting face-to-face.
They may be single, or multi-session events, and can include any type of event, such as:
- Team meetings
- Sales or product launches
- Tutorials and Webinars
- Job fairs
- Tours (campus, real estate, museums, etc.)
- And so much more
Virtual events are highly interactive and event organizers work hard to closely replicate their in-person location counterpart.
More and more businesses are starting to shift their events to the online world for a number of reasons, including:
- Better ROI
- Higher engagement
- Simplified logistics
- Less travel
- Improved productivity
- Unlimited attendees
- Standing out from the competition
Not only are virtual events easier to manage, but they improve brand strategy by putting your business at the forefront of emerging technology.
How to Host a Virtual Event
Hosting a successful virtual event comes with its own set of challenges and event planners have to think carefully about their desired outcome.
Follow these 5 steps to hosting successful virtual events:
- Keep it relevant
- Choose the best virtual events platform
- Promote your event
- Involve your audience
- Differentiate your virtual event
With access to technology that allows us to connect to one another with just the click of a button, it’s no wonder event managers and planners are all brainstorming the best ways to make their virtual events the topic of conversation long after the event is done.
How Long Should a Virtual Event Be?
Virtual events offer both cost and time savings for companies across the globe, but according to a recent survey, 66% of attendees admit to leaving an online event early. The same survey indicates that the majority of attendees prefer that an online event last no more than 45 minutes.
With that in mind, event hosts should consider breaking up a more comprehensive event — like a multi-day conference — into palatable chunks of time to encourage lasting attendance.
Let’s face it, we all feel a little time-poor these days. By offering events that are succinct and to the point you will keep your audience engaged and ultimately avoid the digital “walk-outs” in the middle of your event.
How Do You Make a Virtual Event Interesting?
The goal of every virtual event planner is to create an incredible experience for users on the other end.
Follow these 5 tips and dazzle your guests:
- Create exciting content
- Employ a passionate presenter
- Promote pre and post engagement
- Incorporate interactive features and gamification
- Use virtual reality for an immersive experience
Forget the same old virtual events that have been boring audiences for years.
Running Bull Media provides the best in on-demand virtual reality events that can be combined with any platform for the ultimate experience.
Step into the next realm of technological advances with a truly immersive and unforgettable experience that puts your company at the top of every conversation for months to come.
Why Virtual Reality Events are Better for Business
Virtual reality presents a unique opportunity to get ahead of your competition and not only grow your business but to stand out to your customers.
It’s not just for gaming and entertainment anymore, virtual reality has proven to have a much broader scope.
The technology is already being utilized by top players in industries such as…
- Real estate; and
- Professional training
…simply because the benefits are endless.
Check out how VR/AR has benefited these sectors, and how it can bring value to your virtual events.
- Increased audience engagement: Virtual events that utilize VR/AR create an experience that your audience members won’t soon forget. Virtual reality stimulates the senses by immersing attendees in a virtual world designed to draw focus to your company’s products or services.
- Increased sales: Virtual reality boosts your customers’ awareness and confidence in your product by immersing them in the most realistic experience possible without ever stepping foot into your showroom or business.
- Going viral: Intelligently including a well-designed virtual reality experience to your event gives customers something they’ll want to brag about, creating free advertising and social proof of your product or service.
Virtual Reality vs. Augmented Reality
So what’s the difference between virtual reality and augmented reality anyway?
Augmented reality places digital elements into a live view. The glasses are transparent, so you are literally looking at what’s in front of you while projecting images over top of your view.
Whereas virtual reality glasses are completely blacked out and cover your field of vision entirely. The technology then immerses you into a totally different world and the headset takes you where you want to go.
The 3 Best Virtual Events Ideas for Any Business
Virtual events are the perfect space to incorporate innovative ideas and solutions involving VR/AR technology.
Let’s have a look at how VR/AR can be applied to your next event.
#1 Virtual Product Demos
When space is prohibitive, virtual product demos are the perfect opportunity to demonstrate your latest products through VR/AR technology.
Transporting your audience into a virtual space that allows them to fully experience what your products have to offer leading to a deeper emotional connection and understanding of the message.
VR/AR for B2B product demos has significant benefits, such as:
- Manufacturers of larger-sized products have fewer options for showcasing their products, but with VR/AR clients can view products instantly and immersively.
- Retailers who previously relied on video presentations, static images, or scale models can now showcase their products with the use of AR/VR technology right in front of their clients.
- Online demos are quickly becoming the norm, but there are disadvantages to relying on slide decks, 2D visuals, or spreadsheets. By using VR/AR technology online demos come to life. Your sales reps have the power to transport your product into the client’s setting while simultaneously discussing its benefits.
#2 Virtual Corporate Events
Industry leaders have already started using virtual reality to elevate their virtual events.
Whether it’s a conference, product exhibit, or trade show, there’s no doubt that your presence will be more:
Whatever your corporate strategy is, integrating virtual reality into your virtual events will add value to both attendees and stakeholders in the following ways:
- Provides your audience with a more immersive experience
- Your company will stand out amongst the competition
- Employees gain a deeper understanding of training
- Attract and meet more customers
- Instant ROI with reduced overhead
#3 Virtual Team Events
Virtual reality makes anything possible, and as a team-building tool, it’s nothing short of powerful.
Let’s face it, more now than ever, companies are shifting toward lowering their overhead and empowering employees to work from home.
While this change in dynamics certainly has its benefits, one downside is a lack of community.
But picture this:
Where you used to have Friday afternoon cocktail hour, you now have Friday afternoon hikes along the Great Wall of China. Or maybe you find yourselves working together to discover clues and decode the latest escape room.
The possibilities are endless.
With virtual reality, your team building events just became the coolest thing to happen since, well, virtual reality.
Thinking of Hosting a Virtual Event? Learn How Running Bull Media Drives Engagement With the Best in Virtual Reality
How will you shape the future of your business and drive engagement with your customers and stakeholders?
Running Bull Media’s consultative approach ensures the most impactful experience in extended reality created specifically to fit your company’s needs, be it virtual, augmented, or mixed reality, we provide the best packages that include:
- Virtual events
- Virtual tours
- AR retail experiences
- XR Training
- And much more
We’ve done the dirty work and have spent countless hours and sleepless nights vetting out the best virtual reality platforms that integrate flawlessly with the virtual event software already used by your company.
Click here to schedule a demo today and emerge tomorrow as leaders in your industry.